Elyria, Ohio Birth Injury Attorney
When welcoming your newborn child into the world, the love you feel for that small girl or boy is incomparable to any other relationship in your life. You want to do all you can to care for them, coddle them, and keep them healthy.
Unfortunately, in some situations, delivering a child can include complications in the delivery room. Because of human error, labor issues, and technological malfunctions, birth disorders such as cerebral palsy may result.
Cerebral palsy is a disorder of movement, muscle tone, or posture that is caused by some exterior influence on the developing brain, most often before birth (according to the Mayo Clinic).
The disorder is caused by an abnormality or disruption in brain development, with many factors possibly acting as contributors to the problem. These could include:
- Random mutation in genes that control brain development
- Maternal infections that affect the developing fetus
- Fetal stroke (disruption of blood supply to the developing brain)
- Lack of oxygen to the brain (asphyxia) related to difficult labor or delivery
- Infant infections that cause inflammation in or around the brain
- Traumatic head injury to an infant from an auto accident or fall
As you can see, some of these causes can be caused by the negligent or careless action of physicians and medical professionals involved with the prenatal development of your child, as well as the delivery process.
If your child suffers from cerebral palsy, contact the law offices Brian K. Balser Co. LPA in Elyria, Ohio for the help and guidance your family needs. With over 25 years of experience serving clients in Elyria, North Ridgeville, Sheffield, and around Ohio, the birth injury attorney at Brian K. Balser Co. LPA understands your concerns and frustrations, and will do everything possible to fight for the compensation your family deserves.